Monday, May 23, 2016

Family Prayer Journal - Wednesday's





Wednesday's

Honestly, I put this off. Oh, sure I had valid excuses as to why I didn't post last week. Unfortunately, the sad truth was I.Just.Didn't.Want.To.Do.It.

Are you a huge fan of stepping out into something you feel that you are being called to do, then going through the testing and attacks because the enemy is not happy that you did it? Yeah. Me either.


Wednesday is Nathan's day: and mercy does that boy need a day all his own. Knowing that I would have to put into words the pain that was pressing in on me was daunting.

To add another layer of 'I don't want to do it' it is also the day I pray for the kids friendships/relationships/future spouses. With all the drama going on with Nathan deciding that he was going to get married I felt defeated before I even started.

The quote from Mother Teresa above really resonated with me. God entrusted me with Nathan. He knew that I was the Momma that Nathan needed and that Nathan was one of the sons I needed. He entrusted me with this man-child that has passion like crazy, doesn't take showers, would give you the shirt off his back, and cusses like a sailor. He entrusted me.

You may all be those 'good' Mommas that love their children equally. I am not one of those. I have seasons where I like some more than others. Like the year they are 7 years old. I didn't like any of them that year. I am sure if I got all spiritual and tried to figure out the significance, there would be a reason. I didn't do that though. I thought I was losing my mind when Mia turned 7. Then Scotty turned 7 and I was like, "Wait a second. I have been here before." Same thing with Nathan and with Jonah.

I have recently figured out that I don't much like them the year before they graduate as well. I totally think that it is a God thing. I am so ready for them to leave and go live their lives. Their independence and strong wills clash greatly with my need to have everything planned and controlled. Several months after they leave, wherever that may be, I suddenly am full of love and excitement every time I see them. Parenting is weird. Or I am weird. It's really a toss up.


Before I break this all down I want you to know something. If all you do is focus on ONE thing from this whole prayer journal series, that is awesome! I pray long prayers. I love to pray. Actually, what I really love is to talk to Jesus. Sometimes I go off course and get all wind-baggie. He will stop me and get me back on track. It doesn't matter if I say, this, thou, thither, thus...my words don't really matter. It is the heart behind my words that makes my time talking with Jesus important. Please don't feel like you are not praying enough. I am opening a window into my heart to share with you, hoping that it may help you, even a tiny bit. Even if you just cry out, "Help me, Jesus." When before you weren't praying at all, my efforts are worth it. Let Jesus love on the Momma's heart beating within you!!

  • Wednesday
    • The Kids
      • Their relationships, with both friends and family (The 10 Ways to Love always comes to mind for me here)

         

      • Pray for God to prepare a Christian mate for the kids
        • 2 Corinthians 6:14
      • That they will love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength and will build their home and relationship according to God's plan for marriage.
        • Mark 12:29-30
        • Ephesians 5:20-25
      • That God would protect their purity; keep them from the wrong mate and save them for the right one, bringing them together in His perfect timing.
      • That they will both grow to spiritual maturity and will develop wisdom needed to raise godly, wise children
        • Luke 2:51-52
      • That they will live together in Christ, their love will grow more perfect and complete
        • 1 John 4:17
    • Nathan's Day - My prayer for Nathan is that he would develop God given gifts and talents and to develop a sense of satisfaction and joy in using his skills so that he comes to understand that he can do amazing, special, and important things and that he contributes. Father, I pray that you would sensitize Nathan’s conscience. Lord, I pray that Nathan would be able to hear that still small voice at all times, and that you would nurture within him a desire to listen to all that you would say to him. I pray that anything that would try to separate him from you would be thwarted.
      • Father, I pray that you hear my prayers and give me wisdom daily on how to pray more effectively. Please help me to give the requests to You, Father, to work out in Your timing, without my manipulations or strivings.
      • For Nathan: I desire for Nathan to put all his gifts and talents to God’s use. To resist the temptations of the enemy. I pray that God would put a hedge of thorns around Nathan at all times so that the things not ordained by You cannot get to him. I desire for him to find the true joy of the Lord within himself. Please begin to steer Nathan in the direction you would have him go and help Rod and I to be prepared for the plans you have for him. Help us to help him in the destiny you have called him to. Lord, I pray for a supernatural sensitivity to those around him. That he would not trample on ones in his haste, put pull them up along the way. I believe that Nathan has a great destiny and will be a young man of great influence. Thank you for my beautiful, funny, charming, warm, sometimes annoying son!
      • Psalm 119:11 - I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
      • Psalm 91:11 - For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
      • Psalm 84:11 - For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
      • Psalm 139:1-5 - You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.


Click here to see my complete prayers for Wednesday's.

Tomorrow I will finish out Wednesday's, then hit Thursday's at the end of the week.

Thank you for reading. Please, always feel free to respond, ask questions, or ask for prayer. You are special and I am thankful for you!

Father, being a Momma is hard. It breaks our hearts when we realize that we are in a battle for our children. It also hurts when we struggle with seasons of dryness with our children. Help all of us to love our children consistently and Father, wherever we fail, please fill in the gaps. Please surround our children with love and acceptance. And Father, if our tanks are empty, please fill us back up, so that we can be all that we need to be for each one of our children when they need us.






2 comments:

  1. Totally understand! Have prayers sent to the Lord frequently as each child was/is brought to my mind. I know there are some days that I do not like my children, but the Holy Spirit continues to provide grace and mercy in order to be a Godly mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see your post...I love how candid you are. You make me laugh and think!!

    ReplyDelete