Thursday, May 5, 2016

Family Prayer Journal - What is this?

Family Prayer Journal

This is how my Family Prayer Journal came to be.




Probably 10ish years ago I started a journey of self improvement in regards to Mommyhood. I started reading books that would help me in my endeavor to be the best mom I could be. One of the things I decided to do was write a prayer manual for my kids. This ended up progressing into a prayer manual for my life.

This was not something that I let rule my prayer life. I did not want it to be a legalistic/religious thing. Instead, it was a tool in my quest to be more effective in my prayer life for my family. I have been updating this manual through the years and my prayer life has grown because of this. I have learned to pray for a son-in-law then had to learn to pray for the father of my grandchildren when Mia and Chad divorced - because Chad didn't stop being apart of our family just because they divorced. He is still the father of my grandchildren. I will revisit this topic on the day I pray for Mia.
My prayer life has not always been perfect but I am thankful for it because I need Jesus and so do my kids and so does my marriage.

My thoughts have been to create a place/opportunity for others to do this for their families. This manual covers children, husbands, marriage, finances, church, families & friends, and myself/yourself. I am so blessed and encouraged as I go through the writing and updating of this manual. I decided to have a mini session for the month of June to get together and create a prayer manual for those who are interested.
 
 

There are 2 ways to participate: We will meet at my house every Thursday evening from 6:00PM-7:00PM for the month of June. There are 5 Thursdays in June, which will cover each day of the week. I exclude the weekends from my prayer manual because that is what works for me. We will talk more about this as the group meets. I will also create posts on this page for you to participate at home.
The second way to participate is to join the Family Prayer Journal Facebook group.

I will be doing some posts during the month of May to get you prepared. We will be talking about prayer in general and prophetic journaling.

 I hope this is a blessing to you. I am super excited about it!!

Do you already have a prayer process or journal? Let me know about it. Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment